Welcome to my second income report ever!
I will be posting a monthly income report to make sure I am staying accountable and help inspire others.
In May of 2017, I decided to quit my six-figure job to give myself no other option but succeed as a solopreneur, blogger, writer, and author.
I knew this was my passion and I had to go 100% towards it.
I had ZERO formal education on making money online. I’ve simply dedicated a lot of time to learn and understand it.
If you’re thinking of starting a blog, I highly recommend it. There is an audience for almost anything and with hard work, you can do it too. Check out my FREE blog tutorial on how to get started in under 10 minutes. Bluehost will also add in your domain name for free which is usually $15 per year.
Why Publish A Monthly Income Report?
There are two main reasons for publishing my monthly income; motivation and accountability.
Prior to 2016 I never knew people made an incredible amount of money from blogging, freelancing, writing and selling courses online.
I still remember reading bloggers monthly income reports and having two feelings. Excitement and motivation, they showed me it was possible.
I couldn’t believe people were working at home, helping others, and making money online. It also made realize that anyone can do it with a lot of hard work. Some people had internet experience while others had zero. And when it comes to blogging you can choose any topic you’re passionate about.
Related Read: 5 Bloggers Making Six Figures a MONTH online
Whether it’s personal finance, photography, writing, fitness, or knitting there is a probably a blog about it. Of course, you have to put in the work. Money won’t magically appear out of thin air.
Here is my income report from my second month of making money online:
Monthly Income Report (July 2017)
- Adsense: $19.12 – I don’t have too many ads on my site but more traffic has led to more ad clicks.
- Myfinance – $0 (just added)
- Sponsored Post – $60
- Amazon (Books through Createspace & Kindle Direct Publishing)
- Bluehost: $130.00 – Ready to start a blog? Learn more with my easy to use, step by step tutorial. You’ll get a FREE domain ($15 value) by signing up HERE!
- Amazon: $30.08
- ConvertKit: $0.00 – #1 Recommendation for bloggers looking for an email marketing provider.
- Tailwind: $0.00 – This is a great tool for all bloggers! For less than $100
If you are a blogger and want to figure out how to make affiliate income, you need to take the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course. This is THE most comprehensive affiliate course out there.
I just finished the course and can’t believe how much useful information there is. The creator of the course made almost a $1,000,000 last year from her blog.
- Upwork: $180.00. I submitted a lot of proposals and heard crickets but eventually landed a gig. My first article was writing for a golf company so that worked out well. I’m doing 1-3 articles a week for them and building my freelancing profile.
- Hire Me – Coming soon!
- Golf: $0 – No tournaments won this month.
- Side Hustles
- Craigslist: $225 (Selling and flipping things like TV, golf clubs, posters, etc)
- Dog Walking – $140
Total Income: $1,001
- Task Rabbit: Still waiting on this #lame
- Blog Coaching – Coming soon!
- Shopify – So many ideas I can’t wait to start on Shopify.
- New Affiliate Partners
- Google Apps: $5 – This is to create my blog email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Assistants: $0 – None this month.
- Teachable: $0 – This is to host my class: “How to Get Started Blogging.” You can enroll in my free course to launch your blog! I signed up for the free plan. As I scale my online courses I will switch to the $29 or $99 per month plans.
- ConvertKit: $29 – This has been a great way to gain subscribers and give my site a very professional design. They make it easy to manage subscribers, create automated emails, increase blog engagement, and is very easy to use.
- Tailwind: $0 (Annual basis) – After taking Kristen Larsen’s, Pinterest Presence Course I signed up for Tailwind. Her course was amazing and I have already seen a ton of growth since I’ve implemented all of her Pinterest strategies. To enroll in her course take a look at the options HERE.
- Bluehost: $0 – I paid for three years worth of hosting so no need to worry about Bluehost on a monthly basis.
- Website: $450 – I paid in advance for a lot of website changes that will be made next month. I’ll be changing my theme, headers, colors, and really make it look professional. I am beyond stoked to see this. It’s a lot of money vs. monthly income but you have to invest in your business 🙂
Total Expenses: $504
It’s important to note that these figures are not including tax (usually 30%) or monthly insurance premiums. My goal is to create enough side hustles to pay for each bill and make six figures a MONTH (gotta have big goals).
There were a TON of wins for the month of July.
- So. Much. Traffic – It’s been amazing to see so many new comments, views, & subscribers! I’ve joined a lot of facebook groups and it’s been great to meet new bloggers in different niches. The cool thing about blogging is that most bloggers are super helpful and want other bloggers to succeed as well.
- 1st Freelance writing job – This was a big win, even if it was a $30 post it showed me that I can get paid to write online. Plus it was a paid golf writing gig, felt very qualified!
- Getting in the best shape ever – As I just turned 30 I wanted to go into this new decade in the best shape ever. I lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks and published a book documenting my process.
- Published my 2nd book with Amazon Kindle — Low Carb Diet & Cookbook on Amazon Kindle now.
- Celebrated my birthday early with my family, friends & Ms. Super Millennial in Sunriver, Oregon.
- Created my first online course & almost finished with my 2nd one. To enroll in my FREE “How to Start A Blog” Course sign up here.
Overall I don’t feel there were any “losses” just some learning moments. One of the biggest is that having a book on Amazon doesn’t just sell it self. Another is that some things take time and you don’t reap the benefits until a few weeks or month down the line.
July 2017 Income Report: My Thoughts
The money is down from my June income report to July but am I overly concerned!? No, I was expecting this as the last income report had some income from May and was the initial book launch.
Plus I worked a little less as I had a lot of golf tournaments and was out of town celebrating my 30th Birthday. All good things.
I knew quitting a six figure job to blog would be hard work without immediate results. That is why I saved up over 12 months of expenses in a separate savings account. This month I’ll have to cover some expenses out of my designated savings, no problem.
I’ve set myself up for success by having low overhead costs. My biggest expenditures are my mortgage ($700) and health insurance ($400). Otherwise, I have been keeping costs low and loving life as a solopreneur.
“Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”
What other ways should I try making money online for my next income report? Any recommendations or thoughts on this income report let me know in the comments!
FREE 7 Day "Financial Keys to Success" Email Course
Learn how to start saving for retirement, automate your finances & reach your financial goals with my 7-Day email course.