Welcome to my third income report!
I will be posting a monthly income report to make sure I am staying accountable and help inspire others.
In May of 2017, I decided to quit my six-figure job to give myself no other option but succeed as a solopreneur, blogger, writer, and author.
I knew this was my passion and I had to go 100% towards it.
I had ZERO formal education on making money online. I’ve simply dedicated a lot of time to learn and understand it.
If you’re thinking of starting a blog, I highly recommend it. There is an audience for almost anything and with hard work, you can do it too.
Check out my FREE blog tutorial on how to get started in under 10 minutes. Bluehost will also add in your domain name for free which is usually $15 per year.
Why Publish A Monthly Income Report?
There are two main reasons for publishing my monthly income; motivation and accountability.
Prior to 2016 I never knew people made an incredible amount of money from blogging, freelancing, writing and selling courses online.
I still remember reading bloggers monthly income reports and having two feelings. Excitement and motivation, they showed me it was possible.
I couldn’t believe people were working at home, helping others, and making money online. It also made realize that anyone can do it with a lot of hard work.
Related Read: 5 Bloggers Making Six Figures a MONTH online
Whether it’s personal finance, photography, writing, fitness, or knitting there is a probably a blog about it. Of course, you have to put in the work. Money won’t magically appear out of thin air.
Here is my income report from my third month of making money online with blogging, freelancing, and not going to “work”:
Monthly Income Report (August 2017)
- Adsense: $21.67 – I’m excited to start adding more (in a non-spammy way, of course) since I’m getting so much more traffic!
- Sponsored Post – $60
- Amazon (Books through Createspace & Kindle Direct Publishing)
- Bluehost: $195 – Ready to start a blog? Learn more with my easy to use, step by step tutorial. You’ll get a FREE domain ($15 value) by signing up HERE!
- Amazon: $7.12
- ConvertKit: $0.00 – #1 Recommendation for bloggers looking for an email marketing provider.
- Tailwind: $0.00 – This is a great tool for all bloggers! For less than $100
If you are a blogger and want to figure out how to make affiliate income, you need to take the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course. This is THE most comprehensive affiliate course out there.
I just finished the course and can’t believe how much useful information there is. The creator of the course made almost a $1,000,000 last year from her blog.
- Upwork: $130.00. I submitted a lot of proposals and heard crickets but eventually landed a gig. My first article was writing for a golf company so that worked out well.
- Freelancing: $360 (KFM)
- Hire Me – Coming soon as well as my own freelancing website!
- Golf: $0 – No tournaments won this month.
- Investing: $350 – Made a profit on selling stock options from my old job
- Side Hustles
- Craigslist: $240 (Selling and flipping things like TV’s, golf clubs, home decor, etc)
- Dog Walking – $190
Total Income: $1,686.91
- Blog Coaching – Just launched — click here to learn more about how I can help newbie bloggers!
- Shopify – So many ideas I can’t wait to start on Shopify.
- Newbie Blogger E-book: How I Have Grown My Blog 1000% in 2017 (Coming soon)
- New Affiliate Partners
- Google Apps: $5 – This is to create my blog email address: email@example.com.
- Virtual Assistants: $0 – None this month.
- Teachable: $0 – This is to host my class: “How to Get Started Blogging.” You can enroll in my free course to launch your blog! I signed up for the free plan. As I scale my online courses I will switch to the $29 or $99 per month plans.
- ConvertKit: $29 – This has been a great way to gain subscribers and give my site a very professional design. They make it easy to manage subscribers, create automated emails, increase blog engagement, and is very easy to use.
- Tailwind: $0 (Annual basis) – After taking Kristen Larsen’s, Pinterest Presence Course I signed up for Tailwind. Her course was amazing and I have already seen a ton of growth since I’ve implemented all of her Pinterest strategies. To enroll in her course take a look at the options HERE.
- Bluehost: $0 – I paid for three years worth of hosting so no need to worry about Bluehost on a monthly basis.
- Website: $0 – My website did get some major updates this month and will include the costs in September 2017. I am super excited at how great it looks 🙂
Total Expenses: $34
It’s important to note that these figures are not including tax (usually 30%) or monthly insurance premiums. My goal is to create enough side hustles to pay for each bill and make six figures a MONTH (gotta have big goals).
There were a TON of wins for the month of August.
- So. Much. Traffic – It’s been amazing to see so many new comments, views, & subscribers! I’ve joined a lot of facebook groups and it’s been great to meet new bloggers in different niches. The cool thing about blogging is that most bloggers are super helpful and want other bloggers to succeed as well.
- Celebrated my birthday the whole month of August – way to much fun! Was super cool to travel to Oregon, San Diego and work at home #digitalnomad
- Got consistent freelance writing gigs on topics I love 🙂 I’m writing for Knowledge for Men, ghostwriting for a golf site, and got hired to write a golf e-book!
- Kept training for my triathlon in October! It’s one of my 30 goals for my 30th birthday.
Overall I am happy with August. Of course, I still want to earn 10X a month or more I have been learning, traveling, and narrowing down what I want to focus on for the rest of 2017.
August 2017 Income Report: My Thoughts
August was great — I turned 30 and am starting to find my groove with what I want to accomplish blogging, freelancing, and golf life.
I knew quitting a six figure job to make money online would be hard work without immediate results. That is why I saved up over 12 months of expenses in a separate savings account. This month I’ll have to cover some expenses out of my designated savings, no problem.
I’ve set myself up for success by having low overhead costs. My biggest expenditures are my mortgage ($700) and health insurance ($400). Otherwise, I have been keeping costs low and loving life as a solopreneur.
“Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”
What other ways should I try making money online for my next income report? Any recommendations or thoughts on this income report let me know in the comments!
How to Start a Blog: Free 7 Day Email Course
I'll show you how to set up your blog, create an email list, promote on social media, and get tons of readers!