- Moved from San Diego to Arizona after having an epiphany that I need to move away and start fresh after college. If not I knew I was going nowhere, fast.
- Two months after graduating my Mom helped me move to AZ, not knowing anyone and only having $4,000 between savings & graduating college.
- Found a place for $700/month to rent in Chandler, AZ. First time living alone and didn’t know a single person in the state.
- Soul searched for two months… dwindled my savings and opened my first credit card
- Got a job at a gym as a personal trainer (what I did in college). Walked out on my 1st shift because the boss was an asshole. I knew I needed to change careers, quickly.
- Started working at PayPal at a call center talking to 60+ mad people every day. I had the 2pm – 1030pm shifts. When you haven’t met anyone it’s easy to work late #Netflix
- Played golf at a semi-private club, golfed with a great older gentlemen who was a member. Played 18 holes and beat him on his course…he thought it was luck so we played another 9 holes, I won again. He told me his son worked a cool new internet company and I should check it out for a new job.
- Got a job at that company the next month. They gave me free food at work, flexible schedules, and stock options..at the time I thought… “What are these?”
- Saw so many 40 Thousand aires, spending every cent & maxing out credit cards.
Track Your Net Worth
Homeowner at 27
- Tried to learn about the stock market and investing. Read as many personal finance books as I could. Sold some of my options and made some $$$
- Opened a Roth IRA because I was suppose to? Had no clue what to do…
- Started a terribly unsuccessful website: www.smallkitchengadgets.com to try to generate a 2nd income. I meant well at least….
- Realized I loved Scottsdale & wasn’t going to move anywhere so I bought a home at 27!
- Ms. Super Millennial & our dog Munchie moved in shortly thereafter
- Woke up on a cruise over Thanksgiving with another epiphany; I needed to help other people with their finances. Our educations left us with student debt & little real life knowledge. A blog was the best way to do it.
- Super Millennial is born in January 2016; started tracking net worth, saving more and helping others gain control of spending, saving, & financial goal setting.
- Featured in Rockstar Finance & LifeHacker less than six months blogging
- In the final stages of editing my first book: “The Ultimate Edition To Your 20’s”
- Been learning about online income and helping people ever since…..working towards financial independence & breaking the norm of retirement
- Movies (see fan-made trailer below….yes I’m that cool)
- Giving back to charities (Arizona Animal Welfare League)
- Food….Former fat kid (still have my moments)
- Online Income
- Personal Development
- Planning Any/Everything