My name is Michael, a fellow millennial nearing 30 & am passionate about educating millennials on what isn’t taught in school. Why isn’t anything useful taught in school? Learning the value of saving-investing seems more relevant than most general ed classes or business calculus.
I’ve spent the past five-plus years learning as much as possible about personal finance. I graduated in 2010 without a clue of what I was going to do in life & even less about understanding my finances. I didn’t attend some Ivy League college, inherit a lump sum and actually didn’t know anything about personal finance until five years ago.
In the six years since graduation, I have been able to buy a house at 27 (with a 20% down payment), have 0 debt (other than the mortgage), maintain a credit score above 800 and create a simple investing strategy for my 401K, IRA, & brokerage accounts. Once you can create a system it becomes easy, but many of us don’t know where to start.
Why I Started This Blog:
- Give young people (or financial beginners) a place to start!
- Tired of seeing friends/peers make 50-100K+/year and still always be “broke.”
- Share my experiences (good & bad) about budgeting, finance, home-owning, productivity tips and hope people can learn-implement in their life.
- Make life easier so you can spend it with the people that mean the most to you & not always be worried about money.
What This Blog Can Help With:
- Find a balance between saving & enjoying life.
- Learn how to understand your investment choices.
- Set up a plan to automate & simplify your financial choices.
Thanks for giving me the chance to share my advice and hope it can help make your life less stressful & more enjoyable so you can spend time with the people you care about.
Are You Ready?
Find your passion, earn more money, and life life on your terms! You will receive my FREE Resources including three chapters of my book, net worth tracker and weekly blogs every Monday & Thursday.