My name is Michael, a fellow millennial nearing 30 & am passionate about educating millennials on what isn’t taught in school. Why isn’t anything useful taught in school? Learning the value of saving-investing seems more relevant than most general ed classes or business calculus.
I’ve spent the past five plus years learning as much as possible about personal finance. I graduated in 2010 without a clue of what I was going to do in life & even less about understanding my finances. I didn’t attend some Ivy League college, inherit a lump sum and actually didn’t know anything about personal finance until five years ago.
In the six years since graduation I have been able to buy a house at 27 (with a 20% down payment), have 0 debt (other than the mortgage), maintain a credit score above 800 and create a simple investing strategy for my 401K, IRA, & brokerage accounts. Once you can create a system it becomes easy, but many of us don’t know where to start.
Why I Started This Blog:
- Give young people (or financial beginners) a place to start!
- Tired of seeing friends/peers make 50-100K+/year and still always be “broke.”
- Share my experiences (good & bad) about budgeting, finance, home-owning, productivity tips and hope people can learn-implement in their life.
- Make life easier so you can spend it with the people that mean the most to you & not always be worried about money.
What This Blog Can Help With:
- Find a balance between saving & enjoying life.
- Learn how to understand your investment choices.
- Setup a plan to automate & simplify your financial choices.
Thanks for giving me the chance to share my advice and hope it can help make your life less stressful & more enjoyable so you can spend time with the people you care about.